New York, NY – Big Apple Basketball (BAB) will host an Academic Eligibility Seminar on Tuesday, April 19 at School of the Future in New York City. The two-hour event, slated to take place from 6pm-8pm, will review the new NCAA eligibility rules that are scheduled to go into effect on August 1, 2016.
The seminar, which will be led by an NCAA representative and a Division I compliance officer, will provide crucial new information that all student-athletes, parents, coaches and guidance counselors must know.
Numerous prospective student-athletes are annually deemed ineligible by the NCAA Clearinghouse due to being misinformed or uninformed about the criteria needed to qualify, including approved high school courses, core courses, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, recruiting rules, and many other factors. The seminar will discuss how the aforementioned factors will be affected by the new set of rules slated to go into effect this summer.
All current 7th-12th graders (boys and girls) and parents are highly advised to attend. The new rules discussed will apply to ALL NCAA collegiate sports, including basketball, baseball, football, softball, hockey, volleyball, track & field, lacrosse, soccer and swimming.
Founded in 1999, BAB provides exposure and assists young people in their athletic, educational, professional, and life skill development, while also providing family and community focused programs and events.
• School of the Future is located at 127 E. 22nd Street, New York, NY 10010
• $5 for youth, $10 for adults when purchased in advance by April 17 (online at bigapplebasketball.com)
• $10 for youth, $15 for adults at the door
• New information on approved high school courses, core courses, GPA, NCAA Eligibility Center, SAT/ACT, recruiting and more
• Get empowered with information that will help you, so you won’t be caught off guard
• Highly recommended for all middle school and high school student-athletes, parents, coaches and guidance counselors
CLICK HERE TO PRE-REGISTER or call (718)-575-3342.